Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Photoshop Tutorial // Light Leaks

 Lately I've been photoshopping like an absolutely crazy lady, but I kind of love it! :) A while back I shared with you how to get the effect of light leaks on your photos using photoshop! While I love that technique, I've found another way to do it and I love it much more! Take a look at a few examples below! It adds such a pretty vintage touch!
Its easy peasy! And for those of you who I'm sure will ask, I'm using photoshop elements!
 Step One: Open up the image you want to use! (easy enough right?!)
 Step Two: Use your smart brush tool, with the sepia duotone preset selected.
 Step Three: Paint all over your picture, until it is totally covered in the sepia effect
 Step Four: Next change the style of that sepia layer to hard light.
Step Five: Select your eraser tool, using a soft brush on about 82% opacity, still on the sepia layer and erase the areas that you don't want to have a light leak! 
Voila, super easy and really pretty and vintagey! I've found for some images I don't even need to erase anything since the effect is still really pretty! :) Have fun!

3 comments:

  1. Pretty! I love the look of light leaks, but it can sometimes look so out of place when done on photoshop - I like the way these look though!

    xo
    http://kittysnooks.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tutorial. I really like these! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've a very wonderful blog!! I'm glad i found it!
    And definitely following!

    Corina
    www.cocorrina.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! :) You are so sweet!