Saturday, July 14, 2012

DIY // Metal Inspiration Board

I'm a hugely visual person and for me there is no better way to get inspired and stay inspired than being surrounded by pretty things you love! This metal inspiration board is the perfect way to display your photos, recipes, magazine clippings and other cute details! And the best part? It's unbelievably simple to make!
Materials: Thrifted Metal Tray (I got mine for 50 cents!), Spray Paint, and materials needed to safely spray paint (depends on where you do it, I did mine outside)
 Step One: Wash your tray with soap to get any dust off. This helps the spray paint stick!
Step Two: Take your tray outside or somewhere well ventilated and spray it. For me mine only needed two coats, but depending on your tray and your spray paint you may need more than two. Let dry!
Once its dry get your favorite photos and pretty things, grab a magnet and voila! Cute inspiration board that was so easy! :) Happy crafting loves!

9 comments:

  1. Cute idea!

    http://aclosetintellectual.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea. I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this idea! I am going to be on the look out for a tray I can use.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used cork boards but they are getting old! This is a great new idea! :) tahh! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a genius idea!!! love this :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. cute idea! i've seen similar things on pinterest, too! There are so many possibilities with this and it would be awesome to just stick something up there when you're on the go :)

    If you have a few minutes to spare, I'd love for you to check out my blog and follow if it tickles your fancy! :)

    neha
    neha made

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a cool idea! Unforunately, I don't have any metal trays, but maybe I could do that with a wooden frame. :)
    ♥ xixia | thisisxixia.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! :) You are so sweet!