Saturday, January 28, 2012

Bubble Tea 3 Ways♡

 Hi there! If you asked me right now in this very moment what my favorite drink is, it would most definitely be a close tie between green tea and bubble tea, although I think bubble wins! I've been getting bubble tea for a few years and pretty much fell in love with it right away especially because its so fun to eat! I thought it would be super hard and complicated to make, but its really not! Here's how I make it, three different ways! 
 The tapioca pearls are probably what makes it appear so hard to make because their not your everyday ingredient! That's okay, just go to your nearest oriental supermarket and pick up some jumbo pearls!
STEP ONE: make your chai tea really strong so the flavours still there when you add the ice and milk. Then add your sugar to the tea and let dissolve. STEP TWO: mix around equal parts of ice, coconut milk and chai tea. STEP THREE: blend 'er all up! STEP FOUR: add bubbles to bottom of glass and pour mixture in! 
STEP ONE: chop up banana and pineapple, making sure not to get the coarse bits of the pineapple. STEP TWO: add around equal parts on milk, ice and fruit to your blender. STEP THREE: blend 'er up STEP FOUR: add bubbles to bottom of glass, pour in mixture and enjoy!
*the matcha can also be found at oriental supermarkets! It has a lovely earthy taste and is great in smoothies with a few pieces of strawberries! 

STEP ONE: make a matcha paste by adding a tablespoon of matcha powder to milk until it creates a thick paste. STEP TWO: add the paste, brown sugar and equal parts of ice and milk to the blender. STEP THREE: blend it all together. STEP FOUR: add bubbles to bottom of glass and pour in mixture and enjoy! mmm

*I'd have to say this one is my favourite bubble tea!


32 comments:

  1. Those pearls always freak me out but those teas look super yummy.

    ♥ sécia
    www.petiteinsanities.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is genius.. I've bookmarked it and definitely want to try that banana pineapple one ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yum. Now I REAAAALLLY should get a blender!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh, thanks for sharing this! Chai bubble tea is my faaaavorite ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eeee!!! Thank you for this! I've been wanting to make and try bubble tea for a while now!!! These all sound SO good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a comitted tea lover and I'd never thought that tea could be so versatile! I'll try them for sure!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so excited about this bubble tea how-to post and about finding your blog! I love it!!! I am your newest happy follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ouu I never even THOUGHT of making bubble tea for myself - but this looks super cool and easy and special and fun! Definitely going to have to try this out :) Thanks!

    xo
    http://kittysnooks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ouu I never even THOUGHT of making bubble tea for myself - but this looks super cool and easy and special and fun! Definitely going to have to try this out :) Thanks!

    xo
    http://kittysnooks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks for the sweet comment! love your blog as well. xo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Im drooling here! Those look awesome specially that one with coconut and chai oh my!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are amazing for coming up with this! I'm definitely going to have to test this out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello! I am new to bubble tea - do you cook your black tapioca pearls before you use them in the recipes mentioned above? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ah, cool! I'd never tried bubble tea until I arrived in America. I'm curious to try these recipes, thanks for sharing! ;)

    And have a great weekend!

    Miki.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Katie L. CavanaughFebruary 6, 2012 at 1:59 AM

    I love this!! Bubble Tea is my very favorite thing, luckily I have even found a great place to go here in my new home Germany! Thanks!

    http://thelifeadventuresofmrsc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh god matcha is oh so addicting. I love coconut milk too much and with chai and boba tapioca pearls I might die. I must try this

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just came over to your blog from the Wild Olive blog. These look soooooo very yummy!
    I have a quick (and silly question)... What are the tapioca pearls for? Do they add flavor, texture, or so on? I've never had them before and I'm curios. =) Glad to have found your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats not a silly question at all! the "bubbles" add more of a texture appeal! They're mostly just fun to eat!

      Delete
  18. I just had to reply to this! Tapioca pearls are my favourite elements in a bubble tea. (All (okay, almost all) the bubble teas in Singapore are sold with pearls in them, default!) They are nice and chewy and break the monotony of only the drink. You can cook the pearls with sugar syrup or honey to make them sweeter too. However, they are rather unhealthy.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome post! Question: do you make your own chai tea or do you have a favorite brand? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I dont make my own chai tea but I also dont have a favorite brand! :) I like to keep it fresh and try new ones!

      Delete
  20. ohhh i love bubble tea and just got a package of tapioca pearls in my local Chinatown.... definitely have to try this!!! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. In a long time i thought that there were only bubble tea in china. I looove tea! Great post! I with i could find the pearls somewhere

    ReplyDelete
  22. Somebody please tell me what these pearls taste like! :D

    Hugs
    Frida

    http://fridaspeach.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lauren!!! What a fantastic sight!! You truly blow my mind, I an SO proud of you! (note the abuse of exclamation marks.). I can't wait to make this weird tea with Francesca. I am definitely directing her to your site. She will love it and have all of her friends on it. The kid has mucho friends.

    ReplyDelete
  24. So keen to try this now! Looks like the perfect drink for a hot summer's day1

    ReplyDelete
  25. I just started to crave boba! Those instant boba packs are awesome :D

    Vanessa ~ Found & Kept

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm wondering why i didn't read this before!!
    Thanks for sharing these "recipes"!
    xx Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi,your blog is really nice and provides a great info about Bubble Tea Supply i want to continue with your blogs and thanks to share such a nice info with us.

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is nice Discussion about Boba Tea Supply. this is also my favourit disk.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! :) You are so sweet!